This 2 hour self defense class covers the basics of self defense. The following content will be covered:
- Using your voice as a tool for creating space and boundaries
- Basic wrist grabs
- How to escape from wrist grabs
- Distractions – how and when to use them to your benefit
- Using the different points on your body as potential striking points – ie. Knees, elbows, hands
- Other types of grabs, from being pulled to bear hugs and hair pulling
- Putting it all together and feeling safe in your space
There will also be a question and answer period. The goal of this course is to empower the participants to create and maintain safe boundaries and have an understanding of how to create and apply the knowledge learned in the course.
The two hour course can also be modified to fit a one hour time slot as well.
This course can also be offered in a refresher format for those who have previously taken it.
There is no minimum amount of participants for this course to run.
This course can be taught to groups and people of all sizes, ages, gender, including kids, teens, and physically and mentally challenged participants.
For more information regarding course fees, please contact Punong Guro Laura Holmes at info.filipinomartialarts at gmail.com.